Beyond Disruption 1: Do Robots Have Feelings?
April 29, 2019
In this episode of the Beyond Disruption podcast, host Cara Bedford sits down at SingularityU Canada Summit 2019 with Dr. Suzanne Gildert, Co-founder and CEO of Sanctuary AI.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Are we playing God with robots?
- A term that describes our unease for creepy human-like robots.
- Suzanne’s mission to capture the essence of life in robots.
- How to overcome the fear of AI walking amongst us.
- Can robots truly feel emotions?
Connect with Suzanne Gildert
Dr. Suzanne Gildert (SuzanneGildert.com,@suzannegildert) is part of SingularityU’s Faculty of Robotics and AI. She’s the co-founder and CEO of Sanctuary AI where she is developing synths, human-like robots with emotions. Prior to Sanctuary AI she founded Kindred, which built robots to assist with supply-chain operations, and which had Eclipse, Google Ventures, First Round Capital and Data Collective as investors.
Follow Us On Twitter
Thanks for listening, please remember to subscribe to the podcast and rate and review us on iTunes! For more from us, check out the digital and audio issues of Disruption Magazine at disruptionmagazine.ca.